Government, Politics, Elections - I Have Hit the Wall For Good

เขียนโดย Eva | 12:31

You wanna stir things up? Just blurt out to your family and friends that you are so disgusted with government, politics and elections that you will no longer be voting. God, you'd think I drew a cartoon of a sacred religious idol or something.

But, I truly have hit the wall with American politics. Granted, I do suffer horrific bouts of BTSD: Bush Traumatic Stress Disorder. And, I've read or listened to too many pieces by or about the likes of Paul Krugman, Simon Johnson (13 Bankers), Elizabeth Warren, Nouriel Roubini, Bill Moyers, Jim Hightower, et al.

I am convinced that as long as Wall Street, the big banks, Big Oil, Big Pharma and Big Corporate America own the government, there will be no change. Ever. Greed-fueled lobbying and campaign contributions mean our government is not about We The People and never will be.

Both parties are morally bankrupt, and a viable third party will always be out of the question unless you count the Tean Party, the Libertarians, or the Green Party, which I don't. Nope. It's a two-party system we are corruptly governed by that will always crush any true threat to its continued conniving ways.

So, call me crazy, call me an idiot, mock me, dis me, for I fully deserve it. But, I will no longer be a meaningless part of The Great American Pyramid Scheme. I will no longer participate in this exercise in futility called "voting in elections," nor will I deceive myself into believing that my vote matters. It doesn't. I will give not one more shred of cred to a political system that is so not "Of The People, By The People and For The People..."

At nearly 60, I am burning my voter registration card knowing that the more things don't change, the more they remain the same.

0 ความคิดเห็น