Book Review - U.S. citizens Wake Up & Be Afraid

เขียนโดย Eva | 16:08

Ben McGowan is an angry man, and his book, American citizens Wake Up & Be Afraid, offers this message with bat-like efficiency, beginning with the second paragraph of the introduction which reads: "I'm The Guy Next Door, just a silent majority, who are back for too long and allows us to present and former leaders in Washington to bring our nation to the path of disgrace. " Continues to define these leaders as a puppet-on-a - political String under the control ofDemocratic and Republican parties as well as different sects within each party. This is just the beginning. "My goal," he says, "citizens of the United States for the poor performance of our leaders wrong, the two are elected and raise the top positions in the U.S. appointed government."

When it comes to blame for the current situation in our society, McGowan plays no favorites, especially within the federal government. In an analytical way, he analyzes the performance ofExecutive, legislative and judicial power, which describe how they work, which are the main actors, and the mistakes they have done because of mismanagement, greed, or in many cases, heavy handed application of enlightened self-interest . As a former officer and a veteran of the Vietnam War, I was particularly interested in his analysis of Defense and the performance of Defense Secretary McNamara and Rumsfeld during their term of office, and I must admit I was littleto disagree with his analysis. I recall that I had forgotten what was said from Ho Chi Minh on the war with the United States, saying: "It's like a collision between a tiger and an elephant in battle. The elephant would destroy the tiger. But if the Tiger once occasionally, while he crawled out of the jungle, tearing pieces of elephant hide, the elephant slowly bleed to death. "This is more or less as it was as I remember.

U.S. citizens Wake Up & Be Afraid was probably not aTopic of discussion among the major think tank in Washington anytime soon. McGowan concedes that no credentials in the political science, his writing is sometimes on foot, always emotional, and in any case requires a trial. But is that all, if his message? I think not. In my mind, McGowan writes like a man who delivered an urgent message, no time for niceties. Think of Paul Revere with a word processor, instead of a horse. And for what it islanded value, I agree with almost everything you said.

I finished a U.S. citizen and Wake Up on the Fourth of July, a moment of reflection for all patriotic Americans be afraid. When I read the last page I felt like the noise at the window and, like the character in the movie "Network", he shouted: "I'm mad as hell and I'm more of that." Unfortunately, I was in Europe at this time and this patriotic act of defiance would have won nothing, but to me a trip to the local policeStation to disturb the peace.

U.S. citizens Wake Up & Be Afraid is the first amendment in its best form, by a man who sincerely loves his country and tries his best to give a warning signal. I recommend you read the book and see if it makes you mad as hell!

0 ความคิดเห็น